Monday, August 4, 2008

A long walk

I just walked 17.4 miles. I went from Becket, MA to Lenox. I had always wanted to do a really long walk. This qualified, but I would even like to do longer. Apparently paleolithic people averaged 20 km (12.4 miles) per day. As I walked I thought about this blog and a changing of the gears. I think that it needs to be more of a reflection than a prescription. Let's face it, I am writing this to benefit myself and, hopefully, my teaching practice. If others can gain from it, all the better.

I filmed my walk on my Flip Video camera. I got one from my school earlier in the spring and I am trying to figure out how to use it and ultimately use it in class.

I have a lot to talk about given all the reflection time I have had this summer. Stay tuned...

No comments: